Tuesday, 2 December 2008

i feel like sh*t

my eyes are dry. my nose is itchy. i wana die.

i'd been under constant attacks by the motherf*cking flu for the past few months-- thanks zi yu for passing this latest bout to me.

~
last weekend i hid from parents by escaping to johor with eunice
this time we made it to pudu on time by buying bread for lunch instead of having a sit-down meal
big apple durian donuts are yummy-- the 'spikes' are sharp enough to sting
i had a famous amos choc muffin top as well
~
was nursing a sore throat [thanks domino's pizzas and choc indulgence and my gluttoniness] when i balik kampung but managed to have it under control by the next day, despite having baked fish for dinner
we had a late dinner at the 'seaside' which was my fave dinner spot when i was a kid
i still love it now but the effects of recession are showing and it lacked the noisy merriment it used to exude, despite it being a friday night
now business is so bad the drink vendors 'force' you to buy drinks if you're seated on their 'turf'
i hardly buy anything i don't want so i wasn't too happy when the woman planted herself next to our table and refused to budge
in the end we changed seats so we were sitting next to a stall which sold bubur cha cha, which was what i was craving for
~
eunice and i were both dressed a bit over-the-top for a simple dinner
hindsight perspective
after dinner we went for walks around 2 parks
i was in a constant state of fear and tension of getting beaten up by 'drifters'
they are damn geng!
~
at eunice's we eat lunch and dinner, as opposed to breakfast and lunch at my home
after lunch, eunice and i went shopping. again
i've bought so much clothes and shoes and skincare it's scary
stagflation, man! and i'm doing what eunice says is, 'giving a boost to the bp economy'
something that's been haunting me is the newspaper claiming 'effects of recession will be more obvious next year'
i'm deeply afraid of being poor
in high school my friends thought i was wealthy
in uni i can only describe myself as up to par
i think being poor would drive my mum to insanity
~
this time i only bought a pair of denim shorts
they remind me of ai and currently i'm in love with japanese pop culture
plus they cost less than rm24!!
and they actually come in my size!
it would be a crime not to buy them
~
then i dyed my hair
i used to be anti-piercings, anti-nail polish, anti-contact lenses and anti-hair dye
then i got bored
the loreal majibrown natural ad looked fantastic..
the stylists were cute and bubbly..
i knew my parents would hate it..
i felt like a kid..
so i blew rm130 which is probably cheaper than kl
darl eunice waited for me for an hour before heading home to pack clothes for our evening exercise session
it stung a bit when the color was applied near my scalp
and i find it difficult to sit for so loong
and why do all the stylists insist on straightening my hair?
i like my waves, though i wish they'd behave sometimes
~
i'd always wondered how it felt to be a japanese / korean / taiwanese / chinese
i think i'd give anything for the experience
~
yesterday po po visited and.. i got rm50 again!

No comments: