- Foxconn s criticized for shuttling employees around like sardines on the company's free shuttle bus service. duh. that isn't Foxconn's fault! they're lucky to enjoy free transport! i was crammed the same way on paid transport when i was in china!
- verbal abuse?! hel-lo?!?! the first day i arrived in china, i was a bit slow in boarding the train as i was struggling with my luggage. the volunteer security on hand to help shove people into trains just screamed at me, 'you IDIOT!!' and i'm a tourist! don't just blame Foxconn lah! blame chinese culture!
- underpaid employees? u can't compare their pay with ours! living expenses there r dirt cheap! quit converting everything into usd! it's not like they're living in the usa! plus what Foxconn pays s the market rate in china!
- the 13 employees who r now drifting around stuffing their faces with the paper food bought with the insurance money paid to their families? when i was in china, none of the mainlanders i spoke to sympathized with them. to them, it was obvious that they were doing it for the insurance money. and i believe their perspective as they grew up in the same environment.
- OT? quit whining about OT! that's not a good enough reason to commit suicide! everybody in China OTs, from the roadside stall vendor to office workers. killing yourself is your own choice, don't just shove the responsibility towards an MNC just because.
or, so-called 'ethical' people will boycott iPhones [highly unlikely, actually] due to the affiliation with Foxconn and Apple might bring their business elsewhere.
personally i feel that Foxconn did nothing wrong. cheap HR s what gives China its competitive advantage. everybody else s doing the same thing, maybe Foxconn offered better insurance coverage. people, don't believe everything u hear, even this! we can't go around judging everybody else when our culture s so different!