Friday, 23 March 2012

diet of a working person


looks horrible, right?

i have been existing on such awful-tasting, over-priced fare for almost a month now.

it's very convenient but i need to start cooking a bit at home. (been saying that for a long time now!)

honestly i'm surprised by how exhausting it is to work part-time while studying full-time. really wonder how all those working mums/full-time students-&-workers do it!



minestrone soup wasn't too bad but a bit pricey for a poor uni student like me! the thing with this work-part-time, study-full-time gig is that i'm usually too tired to even imagine cooking, but my salary doesn't allow me to eat good food outside on an ongoing basis (plus there are no good makan places near work).


my korean ex-housemate fed me this cold noodles when i dropped by. (everybody feeds me when i pop around! i might even be able to survive just by visiting people :))) the texture was yummy but the soup was a tad too tart for my liking. so i went to the korean grocer to buy another version--


this is what i've been 'cooking' at home, along with frozen food from Ikea and steamed broccoli.

it's quite good, though i can never get the same texture that Sun did.

off to stalk Nigella's website for recipes!

No comments: