Monday, 1 October 2012

singapore logic


so the story went like this.

i was lying in bed, thinking about my assignment, when my phone rang.

it was B, my singaporean friend who had just arrived in Poland for exchange.

he wanted to FaceTime, i said no, because i had just woken up and my face is bare.

he said please, and because i'm a softie and was still in that blurry, vulnerable state between sleep and wake i said ok.

out comes my trusty face mask-- a birthday gift from N.

so i FaceTimed with B's various friends, who were shocked by my mask, and asked questions like, 'are you a doctor?'

this dude was epic because he asked earnestly, 'do you have no teeth?!'

i said i did.

'then why are you wearing a mask?!'

i explained the lack of makeup.

'so you're wearing a mask because you're not wearing makeup?!' he'd asked incredulously. 'is that singapore logic?'

'yeah! all singaporean girls do this!'

haha out comes the rivalry with our closest neighbour. when i'm crazy i'm singaporean xDD

No comments: