Friday, 5 April 2013

can you change a man?

just had an uncomfortable convo with S, which left me wondering if i am a bad person.

one thing i love about S is how she usually says it like it is.

if she thinks you're acting unethically, she tells you. if she knows she acted immorally, she admits it and begs for forgiveness.

i am the exact opposite. my experience has taught me that people don't change, so i never had any of those icky i-feel-A-when-you-do-B conversations with anybody

personally i find friendships even more fragile than relationships. so when i dislike aspects of a friend's behaviour, i tend to keep mum about it and adjust my expectations. but S asked, if you can't count on your friends to tell you the truth, who can you count on?

i don't know, you tell me. 

i'm a big believer in fate and intrinsic motivation. if a person opts to cancel a date with you and go out with somebody else instead, what can you say that will make him/her change? the decision has already been made.. i would rather spend my time with people who put me first. this is my logic and relationship philosophy - i am as good to you as you are to me.

but S thinks that communication of feelings enhance relationships. if a person hurt your feelings, it might be rectified if he/she knew how you felt. really?

i don't know.. if i disagree, does that make me a terrible friend?



a snorkelling man





.. not entirely sure why i decided to wrap this up with a few photos taken at Coogee Beach.. might be because it's almost midnight and my housemate has been in the toilet for an hour and i need to shower and sleep because i have to work tomorrow

No comments: