Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Koskela

A week after I flew back from KL, I had brunch with B and Soph at Black Star Pastry in Rosebery. I love, love, love Black Star Pastry. Strawberry watermelon cake totally lives up to its hype, and I'm also mad about their eclairs and raspberry tarts. (I want to try the Blueberry Lavender Tart, too!)





Service wasn't spectacular - they had just been slammed in the papers - and there were no toilets! (It's a pretty big cafe to be without toilets.) But at least the staff are polite and cheerful and trying to get things moving along smoothly.

After brunch we wandered over to Koskela, which is the loveliest little (okay, it's actually huge) arts shop. It sort of reminds me of Ikea, but then, every pretty furniture shop with lots of light reminds me of Ikea, but Koskela also stocks cute cards, skincare.. and offers art workshops.





Look at the rocking horses! And the bike! I'm thinking of getting a bike since I can't bear walking 25 minutes to get to the shops for groceries and then having to lug everything home! But I don't think there is enough space in my unit for a bike.




I had a look but nothing struck my fancy. Sydney is full of adorable places like these, oozing prettiness.

No comments: