Sunday, 22 June 2014

Gnome, Surry Hills

Cronut = croissant x donut
Baked polenta

Once a week the Sydney girls catch up and 吐苦水 at each other, make each other laugh, sympathize, listen and give advice to each other. It's kinda awesome and keeps us sane.

Brunch at Surry Hills at noon on a Sunday = lines. There is no escape. Just accept it and get a number pronto. Because we wanted to skip the queues, so we walked along Crown Street twice, but I swear, every cafe had a line. We ended up waiting anyway.

I passed the time by taking photos. Sydney can be quite pretty. And looking at these pictures make me feel like my life here is more glamorous than it is.

(Actually I do do some fun stuff. Last night St took me to listen to Song of the Earth by Strathfield Symphony Orchestra, which is a totally new experience. Usually I go to the Opera House or Capitol Theatre, but this is the first time at a community recital! It's super cute, snacks and coffee/tea are served during intermission. Feels like a school performance, very 亲切. Apparently some suburbs have small neighborhood orchestras which hold performances. I was charmed.)

I'm so much prettier when I don't talk.

Coffee: Bad
Food: OK
Ambiance: Good
Wait time: 15 min

No comments: