Friday, 29 August 2014

Tom and Toms Cafe, Haymarket

Today is the last day of working from home. It wasn't busy, so I went to the city to return Prozac Nation - which I loved.

It has been raining since I got back. It's terrible because my laundry basket is so overflowing I had to put some laundry in plastic bags.



It's kinda nice because I get to wear my Hunter gumboots heh. They're not particularly chic or comfy but it's awesome not needing to avoid puddles oh yeah.

Lunch was at the Tom and Toms Cafe next to the Haymarket library. Catherine recommended their pretzels to me, but when I saw their honey butter toast I got distracted and ordered that instead, in a meal with a soy sweet potato latte.

Tom and Toms is a Korean franchise (does 2 branches a franchise maketh?) serving the type of foods I have seen on Benshee's (Taiwanese blogger) blog. She was waxing lyrical about how delicious honey butter toast was. Actually I was a bit unconvinced while reading her blog but standing in the cafe I was like, MUST have this now!

Never, ever, order a sweet food item with a sweet drink, especially if you are over the age of 25. It makes you wanna puke. Of course I couldn't finish the food :'( which is bad as I'm trying to budget.

Chocolate toast
Chrysanthemum tea
I loved the toast so much I went a second time last night. The chocolate version is not as yummy as the honey butter one, maybe because I had skipped breakfast and lunch and my stomach, used to 4 meals a day, was objecting.

Hopefully I will get the chance to go try their other toasts and pretzels ((mouth waters. Budget, Min, budget!

And if the chronological order of this post makes no sense, it's because I wrote it over a few days.


No comments: