Monday, 5 January 2015

2015


On New Year's Day I spent the day walking around my neighbourhood (there are 3 trails near my home!) and had dinner with friends at Bassim in Chatswood. Even ordered dark raspberries wine for the special occasion.

My friend stayed over and we stayed up talking. She said she reviewed how she spent 2014, which I think is a good thing to do. 2014 was a bit blurry to me, and probably not one of my favourite years.

But friends and family have been kind to me, for which I am grateful. And I am getting better at not buying everything I see.. and realised how few things we really need.

For the first time I shopped at David Jones' homewares department during the Boxing Day sale - and bought a Tefal frying pan. Definite sign of age. So I also got myself French Women Don't Get Facelifts. I don't buy books, especially new ones, but it was cheaper than in Malaysia!

2015

I have a break planned in March this year, which I'm a bit excited about - last year was the only year I didn't visit a new place since I was 13!

And though I was attacked by a (new? old?) virus yesterday - every time I see a doctor I always get, 'Looks like your body is fighting a virus.' so I never know if I haven't recovered from the last bout or I caught something new - I found a doctor I like, so it all evens out.

'What virus?'

'Not sure.'

That's very helpful, but I like my new doctor. He's a smiley grandpa who's very zen about my condition and most importantly, did not prescribe a blood test!

Happy New Year!

No comments: