Thursday, 22 January 2015

Maroubra again


Once a month we have a joint birthday celebration for people in the group.

This month we had a BBQ at Maroubra (beach).

It was hot! But I finally got to wear my Jen's Pirate Booty beach dress which I'd had for a year!

The waves are huge at Maroubra, hopeless for swimming, but I've heard good things about Manly.

Must. Get. Butt. To. Manly.

In other news, ran 10k with Jon and Marek yesterday. Kings Cross > Circular Quay > Darling Harbour. Thought I was going to die. Probably the furthest I'd ever ran in my life. Took an hour and half! By the time I got home I was too exhausted to do much except shower and eat some yogurt and berries (Greek yogurt + blueberries is just too good!) before passing out.

Slept badly, but then I always sleep terribly after running. But I have to keep exercising as my friends make me feel guilty if I stop, and I love how it heats up your body so you don't get cold hands and feet.

No comments: