Wednesday, 7 January 2015

The Secret Joy of Manicures

I have had a grand total of 2 manicures in my 25 years of life. Once when I was 21, and the second time last night.

I usually put off my hair/dentist/watch battery replacement appointments until I return to Malaysia, but I just couldn't bear my full head of split ends, so I called for a last minute haircut at At The Garden Tokyo.

And while Hiro was blowdrying my hair, I saw this hot skinny chick standing around observing the salon. Because she was so very hot I couldn't help but stare. She must have noticed because she came and asked me in very broken English, if I would like to get a manicure.

Maybe it's because of the nice discount, or the hot girl, but I found myself agreeing to the cheapest option on the menu - Gelish nails. I had no idea what it entailed, and the hot girl couldn't explain, so I just went with it - because we know it's always a good idea to say yes to shit we don't know anything about.

As she filed my nails I wonder why women like manicures. It's so boring. And I get nervous when people file my nails. And I don't like having my nails scraped. What's with trimming the cuticles? I hate baking my nails in the box. I wanted a natural color thus selected the palest pink, and it turned out like this -


Oh my gosh my hands look like Kim Kardashian's hands.


Maybe I'm overreacting, but Barbie pink + the high gloss finish looks trashy to me.

The good thing is that I can't see my natural nails, which I am liking less and less.

So maybe I will go crazy and get another manicure. Or not. Maybe all the women who get manicures don't actually enjoy them, they just like how their nails look after.

My manager saw my nails and said, 'Ooh, you got a manicure!'

'Yeah.'

'Do you have boyfriend?' Fake Asian accent.

'What?'

Then he showed me this funny video which inspired his boyfriend comment -



So now we know, the reason we are single is because we don't have long nails!

No comments: